Struggling to get exceptional applicants?
Maybe your mobile candidate experience has sprung a leak! Research shows that 76% of candidates will leave your website if it’s not mobile-optimized. And as many as 40% of mobile candidates will abandon your application if it doesn’t work well on a smartphone or tablet.
Candidates love using mobile technology in their job hunt, and it’s up to you to ensure they have a great experience when they interact with your staffing firm using a phone, tablet or other other mobile device. In today’s post (part 2 in our 3-part series), we share action steps to plug the leaks in your mobile recruiting strategy – and get more qualified candidates to apply:
Leak 2: A Lousy Experience on Mobile Platforms
Have you ever tried to search and apply for a job with your agency from a mobile device? If you haven’t, do it right now (seriously – open a new tab and give it a go).
Was the process quick and fun – or an exercise in frustration? Obviously, a streamlined mobile recruiting process will keep more promising candidates in the top end of your recruiting funnel. If yours could use improving:
- Critically examine every aspect of your mobile job search and application processes. Make sure that each step is essential, simple and welcoming for job seekers.
- Invest in state-of-the-art mobile technology to create a seamless, efficient mobile experience for candidates across platforms and devices. Job seekers’ expectations for mobile search/apply are extremely high. They want to be able to search relevant jobs in their field and desired geography, apply filters, and then easily view a “short list” of top-matched opportunities for them – all with a few swipes of the thumb! Give them what they want.
- Develop a mobile-optimized version of your application that:
- loads in 3 seconds or less
- has large buttons with action-oriented copy that’s clear, brief and compelling
- doesn’t require zooming or extensive scrolling to read
- takes less than 20 minutes to complete
- Consider adding “finish later” functionality. Technology that allows candidates to start an application on mobile and finish later from a laptop (or vice versa) is extremely desirable. Ideally, your process should enable a candidate to create and save a profile before moving on to specific application questions – and then save their work at any point along the way.
Want to keep your recruiting funnel full?
First, read post 1 in this series on how to improve the applicant communication process and prevent drop-off.
Then, get your jobs on JobFuel – the only job aggregator just for the staffing industry! The JobFuel team:
- promotes your jobs with digital marketing
- boosts exposure by optimizing jobs for search engines
- promotes your temporary and direct job openings on social media
- invests a portion of our fees in PPC advertising for your jobs
Bottom line? We do the work. You get the best candidates.
Check out pricing plans here.